May 12, 2023
It was a busy time for our team and our beloved contributors. We prepared a new app and map data update for you. Also, this year, Organic Maps got 4 slots in the Google Summer of Code 2023 program, for the following features:
- Android Auto.
- Better user interface for mobile and desktop Linux, Mac, and Windows (Windows still require some. porting to build and run OM)
- Wikipedia parser to get fresh Wikipedia articles (now we use outdated dump as of spring 2022).
- Better map styling system to support Outdoor, Cycling, Driving, Tourism, and other custom layers.
We hope that our students will manage to finish their tasks this year and make Organic Maps better.
As always, please let us know about bugs and issues in the app, and fix all map-related issues at OpenStreetMap.org
- New OpenStreetMap data as of May 3
- Implemented search for interpolated odd/even house numbers
- Faster rendering of subway layer
- Fixed wrong postcodes in Paris
- Fixed Wikipedia links missing for some objects
- Fixed car routing via roundabouts
- Improved English, German, and Portuguese (Brazil) translations
- Enabled TTS for Portuguese (Brazil) and Español (México)
- Fixed location detection over a network on some devices
- Fixed cut text in some dialogs
- Fixed some crashes
- Fixed the non-working "hide zoom buttons" settings option
- Enabled TTS for Basque, Marathi, and Norwegian (Bokmål). Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish (Mexico) TTS will be fixed in the next update.
- Changed gate icon
- Changed the Lyon subway icon
- Fixed road shields for some interstate roads in the US
- Fixed priority of water areas overlapping other features
- Added camera shop, interior_decoration, antiques, art, cheese shop
- Fixed OpenGL issues on some devices. Organic Maps should now work on Wayland devices.
Install Organic Maps from here: https://omaps.app/get